Hyer School Day: 8:00 am to 3:15 pm for all students
Arrival by 8:00 am
- Students should plan to arrive each morning by 7:50 am.
- The accessible doors for students to enter the building are the front doors on Durham and the side doors on Wentwood. Hyer staff will be monitoring all doors each morning beginning at 7:30 am.
- Teachers will open their classroom doors at 7:50 am when the first bell rings.
- Students arriving before 7:50 am will be directed to the gym to sit quietly.
- Students arriving with their parents before 7:50 am will wait in the first-floor hallway either in the front foyer or on the window seats as directed by a staff member. All students and parents will be able to go to their grade-level pods and classrooms when the 7:50 am bell rings.
- Class begins promptly at 8:00 am when the second bell rings. Parents should leave at this time to minimize class distractions.
Arrival after 8:00 am
- Students arriving after 8:00 am, must enter the building through the front doors and check in through the office.
- These students are considered “tardy” without a note from a medical provider.
- Students arriving after 10:00 am without a note are counted absent according to the State of Texas and HPISD.
Dismissal at 3:15 pm
- Prior to the start of the school year, parents will notify their student’s teacher of their preference for pick up – either carpool or other (in-person pick up/walking/biking).
- Parents must use the same plan for pick up every day of the school year. Should there be a change on a particular day, a note or email should be sent to your student’s teacher that morning indicating the dismissal change.
- Students are expected to leave school each afternoon immediately after being dismissed at 3:15pm.
- Crossing guards are on duty for a reasonable length of time at designated intersections.
- If your student is in Kindergarten or 1st grade and will not be using carpool, a teacher must release your student to you in person.
- If your student is in 2nd through 4th grade, they will be able to walk or ride their bike home on their own.