Step 6: Enroll My Student
Now that Steps 1-5 of Kindergarten Round-Up are complete, parents of new incoming HPISD students are now ready to begin online enrollment. Be sure to have all the necessary paperwork with you (see Step 3) before launching the online enrollment portal.
Online enrollment is a two-step process:
- Parents will need to complete a Skyward application first to create a parent/student account with HPISD. When completed please return to this enrollment page to complete the remaining steps. Click here to complete the Skyward enrollment application.
- Use your child’s legal name as it appears on the birth certificate.
- Be sure to complete each page.
- Click the "submit" button at the end.
- Parents will upload all required documents using a secure upload link:
Learn how to scan a document using your smartphone, click here
Follow the prompts throughout the process and be sure to click the submit button to ensure your application is processed. A member of the Hyer Elementary School staff will contact you before April 1, 2021 to confirm enrollment. During the summer, families will receive a pink proof of residency packet that must be completed and returned prior to the start of the school year in August 2021.
We look forward to welcoming your new kindergarten student to Hyer Elementary School in August.
*The earliest date on which enrollment materials for the 2021-22 school year may be submitted online is February 16, 2021.