New Student Enrollment
All of our campuses are accepting new students. An elementary student will be placed in his/her attendance zone school unless the grade level at that campus is full. If there is not space available, the child’s name may be added to a waiting list. However, until space becomes available, the child will be placed at a campus within HPISD that has classroom space available. All of HPISD’s elementary schools are excellent, and all have earned the top “Exemplary” rating from the state.
Click here to view HPISD's enrollment policies. . Enter each of the following policy names: FD(Legal), FD(Local) and FD(Regulation) in the policy code box. Here is a summary of the policies:
The family must reside within the school district boundaries.
- To learn about the district definition of “resides,” please see FD (Regulation).
- Click here to view the boundaries of the district and the attendance zone for each elementary.
- To inquire about a unique residency situation, contact the student’s future school office or the Student & Administrative Services Coordinator at the HPISD Administration Building.
- Tuition for out-of-district students is not permitted.
Enrollment: The enrollment process begins with HPISD’s paperless enrollment packet. The link for this packet will be available in January 2013. After creating a family account, the system guides parents through the rest of the steps. Upon completion, all forms are sent electronically to the appropriate campus.
The checklist and additional required documents must be delivered to the campus. Required documents include:
Proof of residency:
- Copy of a contract or deed or current lease of reasonable duration and
- Original, current electric or water utility bill at the same address and
- Copy of parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license at the same address
Additional documents, as applicable
- Completed enrollment packet for each child, obtained online for each school or at the front office of each school
- Certified copy of the student’s birth certificate
- Copy of student’s social security card
- Immunization records
- Copy of custody papers, if applicable
- Withdrawal form from former school, if the school year has started
- Most recent report card for students enrolling in grades 1-11
- Copy of unofficial transcript, if enrolling for high school